Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Freedom Fest Fair

The Standardbred Pleasure Horse Organization of New Jersey did a wonderful demonstration Sunday at The Freedom Fest Fair, even if I must say so myself. Several of the members showed up Saturday night to set up our stalls and everything else. Then on Sunday morning the horses started getting there at 9:00. Ms. Lat and I arrived about 10:30 and the stalls were all setup including bedding, it was such a pleasure to just walk your horse into a stall and only have to put up your water bucket and hay net. R did a great job and had the bedding and hay donated to the club.

We had our announcer(which was my Husband)setup with his pa system and lots of scripts plus he put together music which turned out great. Our first Parade of Versatility started around 1:00 and we had a good crowd.

The parade started with a driver with race silks on in a jog cart followed by members demonstrating Hunt seat, pleasure driving, western pleasure, dressage, eventing and model. After the parade we had a meet and greet by the stalls and the horses were surrounded by people and kids. The Demo then continued throughout the afternoon with more meet and greets in between.

Overall, I feel for the first demo of this size we have done it all came off really well. I did video the whole thing and will put it up on my blog after it is edited and you and tell me what you think.

Thanks again to all that worked so hard.

1 comment: