Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Sunday's Hunter Show

I can't complain, Ms. Lat was great for the first show of the year.

She got a 2nd, 6th, and a 3rd. We showed in 4 classes but we did not get anything in the first class. Considering that this was the first show of the season and she has not been anywhere since November of last year I was very pleased with her performance.

I do not like to show at this show because the ring is very small and I ride a very big horse (17.2). In addition to the ring being small there were 10 horses in all four classes. Four of the horses were Standardbreds and three of the four pinned in most of the classes.

Yea, Lat did stay in frame as you can see. I am very proud of my girl, I just love her to death.
I am extremely proud of how the Standardbred's excelled at the show. They were turned out beautifully and did exceptionally well. There is life after racing.

2 comments:

  1. oh, hurrah! I just found your blog, and I'm delighted to find someone else who adores their post-racetrack STB.

    I have a 7-year-old mare called Fiddle (race name "Naked Willow", not that she ever raced...she flunked off the track early!) who is in training for endurance riding, but we also do dressage, esp in winter.

    I look forward to following your blog!

    --Aarene (and Fiddle) in Washington State

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks AareneX it is a pleasure to hear from you. STD are the most kind and willing horses I have ever worked with hopefully you will enjoy listening to my problems and hopefully solutions as well.

    Ms. Lat will be shown in dressage this saturday just intro a and b but I believe the discipline of dressage will make her a better athlete. One day we will start jumping but that day is not today. Our goal this year is to practice at training level and show at intro. We also go to std shows and hunter jumper shows. I love my mare. I will keep up with your blog.

    ReplyDelete