Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Chiropractors-Do you believe?

Just the other day an owner of 2 of the horses I currently have staying with me pulled in to say Hello to his mares and along with him was his Chiropractor. Horse number one is pulled from the stall and the Doctor started to work. I watch in total curiousity because I had never seen this before.

He worked on her back, legs and head. I was amazed I watched the mare cringe and then totally relax. It was really special being able to watch. He then pulled the other horse from her stall and went over her. When both mares were put into their stalls they were very relaxed.

Well after watching I couldn't resist, I said "Do you have time to do just one more?" "Yes" Scott the Chiropractor says. I rush into Miss Lat's stall and quickly pull her into the shed row to have her first session with the doctor.

The first thing that surprised him was her size. While working on the other mares the Doctor would stand on a bag of shavings in order to get over the spinal column and pelvis and to be able to make the necessary adjustment. Well, we had to find a taller stool to stand on to adjust "Lats"spine. He made the appropriate adjustments, I actually felt her spinal column move into place. The best part of the whole session was what I learned about stretching her out each day and keeping her more limber.

I did take her for a ride later that afternoon and I must admit she was more relaxed and really stepping under herself, it was much easier to warm up and get her rounded.

I guess seeing is believing!

2 comments:

  1. I think a lot of people underestimate the importance of the spine and back muscles. I've seen a few horses get supplements and injections out the wazoo, only to make a "miraculous" recovery with just one visit from the chiro.

    On the other hand, a bad chiro is worse than none at all, so you really have to know who's working on your horse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really appreciable blog. Your blog is very much impressive. I am surely following ur blog.

    ReplyDelete